Thursday, July 14, 2011

10 Months Old

Today I have a 10 month old.  He is looking/acting less like a baby and more like a little boy every day.  A LOT has changed over this past month:

Ryan is now crawling at top speed, getting into everything around the house, constantly pulling himself up to stand, cruising along furniture, babbling and squealing, and clearly making his preferences known!  I think that he is actually starting to understand us when we talk to him, and can respond to us (if he is in a good mood).  He likes most all of the foods that we have given him to try, and he eats four meals a day plus snacks in between.  

Ryan is also extremely active… to the point that it is rare for me to see him sit still for longer than two seconds.  (Unless we have visitors, then he will just sit there and stare at them for some reason!)  He does get stranger anxiety at unpredictable times, but he is usually happy and smiling when he feels comfortable.

Ryan’s little gummy mouth doesn’t show any teeth yet, but (to me) that is what makes it so kissable! My husband says that he sees the start of a tooth coming in, but I am in denial because I just want to hold on to as many “baby features” for as long as possible.  People tell me that “soon, he won’t be a baby anymore” and it just breaks my heart!  Does that mean that when he starts walking, he becomes a toddler and I can no longer call him my baby?  I know that I will love every stage of childhood and beyond, but there is something so special about babies that I am not ready to let go of just yet!

Here is (a little more grown-up version of) our baby boy:


Mommy and Daddy love you so much, Ryan!  xoxo!


1 comment:

  1. Aww, so adorable! Don't worry, you can call him your baby as long as you want...at least until he starts bringing girls home;).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...