Monday, September 5, 2011

Butterfly Gardens

Ryan loves to point his finger at people, random items, food, flowers, etc.  It is simply his way of showing that he is interested in something and trying to communicate with us before he can talk.  (We have tried the sign language thing, but I don't think that we have been consistent enough with it.)   When Ryan points to something, he is trying to ask us for more information about it or to tell us that he wants it.

Last week, we went on a playdate to a nearby butterfly garden.  Ryan absolutely loves nature, so I was guided throughout the place by his little finger pointing at all of the flowers and butterflies that he wanted to see.  When we came across a little girl and her mother, Ryan began pointing at the little girl and staring at her.  I hoped that they wouldn't think that we were being rude.  Then, the girl looks up at me and asks, "Mommy, why does she have a baby?"  I met the (older) mother's eyes and smiled. The common understanding:  little children are curious and refreshingly honest about their thoughts. And neither one of them was being rude.

Ryan and I ended up having a great time and meeting lots of new mommies and babies at the playdate.  We also had perfect weather for spending the day crawling around outside on blankets in the grass.

Butterfly Gardens Playdate


Ryan loved playing with his friends and getting to see so many different kinds of butterflies up close.



 Gordon Biersch Lunch Playdate


The next day, we went to another baby outing at Gordon Biersch restaurant.  They barely had enough high chairs for all of us.  We all enjoying talking and feeding our babies little bits and pieces of our lunch.  Ryan also got his own little fruit bowl.  I got the Hummus and Goat Cheese Salad, which I highly recommend to anyone who goes there.  Yumm!


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and unique place to take your babies. The butterfly shots are so pretty they look nice enough for framing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was working on my blog when I realized I accidentally gave you the wrong address! I'm so sorry! Here is the correct url:

    http://mbenart.tumblr.com

    P.S. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sue- Thank you! I'm surprised that they even turned out since I was holding Ryan with one arm for some of them!

    @Michelle- I love the pictures that you put up so far! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...