Monday, January 9, 2012

Cookbooks

This past weekend, I made some dishes from two of my favorite cookbooks, The Kind Diet and Veganomicon.  I have found both of these books to be very helpful in suggesting new recipes and introducing me to foods that I have never tried (or even heard of) before.  These "healthier" foods are a yummy alternative to eating the same things all of the time, and they also leave me feeling so much more energetic.  I never realized how many vegetarian options there are out there (and not just salads!)  I find myself being more excited about food than I have ever been before.  I love putting good nutrition into my body and enjoying the taste at the same time.

*I am not posting the actual recipes because of copyright laws, but both of these cookbooks can easily be ordered off of Amazon.

Red Radish Tabbouleh


from


This tabbouleh is flavored perfectly and I love how fresh the veggies taste.  (It is much better than the kind that you buy at the store.)  Along with this dish, I ate homemade hummus, carrots, and pita bread.

Pineapple Cashew Quinoa Stir-Fry


from


I would recommend that everybody try this dish because it is so delicious and sweet that you will forget that you are eating something healthy!  Even my husband loved it, so I will definitely be making it again sometime soon.  The only drawback is that there is a large amount of prep work for this particular recipe, but the end result is totally worth it!

I can't wait to find time to cook some more recipes out of these books.  This week, I plan on making Quinoa with Basil and Pine Nuts from The Kind Diet, and the Spinach Lasagna Rolls and Stuffed Zucchini again from our girls' cooking date.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...